The Metro Girl - Free Short Story.




When a man sees his dream girl, it could be crazy, awkward and Awesome.

It was 1 am, I was running and jumping the stairs in the subway station to catch the last train. It felt like the station was abandoned, I was the only man there. The station was underground. I heard the train’s doors was beeping as if it was calling me to hurry up. I reached the platform and Jumped into the car while the doors were closing. Wow, that was so close. I was in middle of the last car of the train sitting tired of the running breathing quickly, I looked to the left to see if I was the only one on the car as usual and the answer was yes as my eyes could see through the cars I can say I was the only one on that train... then I looked to the right and.. There was a girl standing by the empty seat in front of me.  I was happy I’m not alone, it feels bad when I commute everyday in the same time alone as everybody went to the bad and having nice dreams and I’m the only one is up. I check her out, she was gorgeous, I think she is in her early twenties, I liked hair, wavy long dark brown, coming out from under the black ice cap covering her shoulders touching her smooth white face skin, her magnetic blue eyes that drag you to look at them closer and closer to dove in their beauty to move your hand through her hair to come closer to her face and close your eyes to feel her red beautiful lips on yours and feel her red polished hand moves on your head and….. Oops, She was staring at me for stop looking at her I drag my eyeballs at the other side as if they were bullets being shot from a gun powered by embarrassing. I hoped that I didn’t scared here. I’m single. I’ve never had a girlfriend sometimes I see beautiful girls and I wish I could talk to them, I don’t know how to do this. I took sneaky glance to check if she is scared or upset, she had a stoned face. It was awkward, I had a long trip on that train about 45 minutes or something. I wanted to disappeared. I looked through the window in front of me as the train were crossing a river bridge. I looked at the right, we eye contacted, I moved my eyes smoothly to look through the window again. I closed my eyes for seconds I imagined me and her in a backyard of our house  sitting on a wooden couch, her head on my shoulder and my hand moving slowly through her hair, she looked at me and smiled, I opened my eyes then I looked at her, she was looking at the ground, she looked sad… I felt bad for that. I checked some emails on my phone for a minute, then I stole a glance at her, she was still with the same look, I imagined her smile it was something out of this world. I wanted to see her smiling now... oh god, I should have stopped this crazy thinking about her. I was checking my facebook, the train stopped in a station, I looked at her, I thought she was going off the train but she didn’t even move a bone, she just looked at the empty station through the opened door in front of her but why did she look sad? maybe she was tired of coming home late from work as me but I wanted to see that beautiful smile I imagined on her face. Maybe if I go and talk to here I can get her number and see her smile. I stood up, took a deep breath and her cell phone rang, Dammit, no way of talking to her until she finishes here call. I pretended I was adjusting my pants and sat down again. She was talking to someone, I couldn't tell if it’s a man or woman, I hoped that’s not her boyfriend or her girlfriend. She was talking about Emails, customer and vacation. It was a damn long call. I stole some glances hoping to see her smiling during the call. She finished her call and checked her phone, I was chatting with a friend of mine on facebook about the game of last night. I was about to reach my destination. I’d better give up.     


The train stopped in my station, unfortunately, I couldn’t see her smile, I walked in front of her to the door and got off the train then I stopped and turned around “hey, I bet myself 100 bucks, I’ll make you smile” she looked at me with what expression on her face and that beautiful smile come up on her gorgeous face “I hate losing” I said, then the what look went and stay that angel smile showing her perfect teeth, I felt like I come back to life after death all the pain of the day went.  I smiled at her “Thank you” I said while the train’s doors were closing. We kept smiling at each other, her shy eyes looked away,  the train started moving slowly but I could still see her with her gorgeous smile through the windows until the train left the station. That was the craziest, awkwardest and best thing I have ever done in my life... who knows maybe someday I’ll meet her again.

Thanks for reading, tell us your opinion in the comment section below.
               

Comments